“Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.” ~ Chinese Proverb
Your life is a daily walk. With each step, you seek your personal path. With each hour, you encounter your personal choice: “Do I keep walking in the light or move toward darkness?”
The darkness is a place of fear, doubt and disbelief. It’s a place that tells you that “you’re not good enough, or “you’re too old for that,” or “you’re too young for this.”
The darkness is the lie.
The light is a place of warmth, peace and love. When you want more, it fills you up and then puts you down in a place where you can find the strength to keep walking.
The light is the truth.
So, in about an hour, when you face a change in your path, what will be your choice? Will you move toward the darkness or will you walk in the light? If your faith needs a boost to stay in the light, to stay in the truth, believe this:
- Your truth is no matter where you call home, the color of your skin, or how much money you have, you are worthy to have the life you want.
- Your truth is no matter the sins you have committed, but have since asked for forgiveness, or the sins committed against you, you are worthy to have the life you want.
- Your truth is no matter how many times your dreams haven’t work out, or how much disappointment you have felt, you are worthy to have the life you want.
- Your truth is no matter what someone says about you or believes about you, you are worthy to have the life you want.
- Your truth is no matter how many times you have failed, or made a mistake, you are worthy to have the life you want.
- Your truth is you will never be alone because you have fellowship with others who choose to walk in the light with you.
Sometimes the simple path to walking in the light begins when the darkness tries to claim its power over you, but you choose to turn away and put your faith in the truth.
Take your next step boldly, faithfully and with the belief your truth is always with you. Choose to walk in the light today and you will see the life you want is already waiting for you.
What is A Simple Path?
This post is in A Simple Path, a twice-weekly series of short pieces inspired by my own life experiences. Each post is a simple path to experiencing something wonderful: maybe seeing life from a different perspective, or celebrating its beauty. Click here to read all posts in the series.