If you’re going to love someone or something then don’t be a slow leaking faucet – be a hurricane. – Shannon L. Alder
There’s only one thing that will change the world. It won’t be the words we speak; the books we write or the donations we make.
While these things can make the world shine a little brighter, if they aren’t done with love then they don’t stand a chance of lasting through the night.
But what will cut through the darkness and create a passageway so wide that the entire world can walk though it is love – real love.
I’m talking the kind of love that doesn’t have to be earned. The kind of love your Creator had in mind when you were born. I’m talking the kind of love that runs from the city streets and all the way to the country roads and never loses steam along the way.
When you open your heart, you can see real love everywhere.
- You can see it when fathers give their daughters a push in the swing or when mothers tuck a note in their sons’ lunch bags.
- You can see it when a friend adds just the right emoticon at the end of a text message.
- You can see real love when one partner reaches for the hand of the other without even looking.
- You can see it when you feel the courage to take a leap of faith.
- You can see it when a brother or sister offers a shoulder to lean on.
- You can see real love when strangers rally around a common enemy and then work together to defeat it.
You can be real love, too:
- You can be real love by keeping your word.
- You can be real love by noticing what’s right in the world.
- You can be real love by offering forgiveness.
- You can be real love by letting go of the mistakes you’ve made.
- You can be real love by choosing kindness.
- You can be real love by holding the hug a little longer than expected.
- You can be real love by sharing your beautiful gifts.
Spread Your Love
Your love will change the world. Don’t hold it in. You were born with the capacity to make a difference greater than you can ever imagine. And you will do this by sharing the love that lives in your heart.
Close your eyes.
Open your heart.
Let love in and then back out.
Allow the world to breathe in your love.
Watch as the darkness retreats as your real love shows the way for others.