Instructions for living a life: Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it. – Mary Oliver
My first book, The 10 Most Important Life Lessons, launches next week. The book will be available in the Amazon Kindle Store and Nook by Barnes & Nobel. It will be released in paperback, too. I’m excited about the book and I can’t wait to share it with you!
In anticipation of the book’s debut, I want to celebrate the life lessons we have learned, and the lessons we are still learning. When we take time to share our wisdom, we can make the world a little better, a little easier, for the people who walk with us. The true power of these lessons shines when we apply the wisdom and then witness the positive change that is unleashed.
So, let’s enjoy a week of sharing life’s lessons.
Here’s how the Life Lesson Contest works:
I invite you to share a life lesson you have learned. This can be a lesson about parenting, love, faith, money, business, health, friendship – any lesson you think would help someone.
I want you to inspire others with your life lesson. I want your passion to come through in your words. By your example, I want others to be encouraged to share their life lesson, too.
To get the contest going strong, I’m offering a few incentives:
– A chance to win one of two mentoring calls with me (a $150 value). We can discuss how to start a blog or how to take your blog to the next level, goal setting, or personal development – anything you want.
– Two signed copies of Tiny Buddha: Simple Wisdom for Life’s Hard Questions by Lori Deschene.
– For every life lesson shared, I will donate $.50 to Action Against Hunger. This is a humanitarian organization committed to ending world hunger.
Here’s how to share your life lesson
– Share your life lesson in Comments below.
– Your wisdom doesn’t have to be a certain number of words long; it just has to be real, and it has to come from your heart.
– Reading by email? Visit the blog to share – just click here.
– Spread the word by sharing this post on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pintrest, or anyplace you hang out.
– To help me keep track, be sure to include @thebridgemaker in your Tweet. For Facebook, tag The BridgeMaker; and add The BridgeMaker to your Google+ circles. I want the world to benefit from the shared wisdom while raising money to fight hunger.
– The contest ends Friday, February 24 at 11:59 p.m. Central. I will read each entry and select the winners based on substance, authenticity, and depth of meaning. The winners will be announced Saturday, February 25 on The BridgeMaker Facebook page.
– The four winners will have the choice of one of the prizes mentioned or the winners will be given both the mentoring call and a signed copy of Tiny Buddha: Simple Wisdom for Life’s Hard Questions. Let’s see what happens.
– Please share away in Comments below. Inspire others with your wisdom while helping to fight hunger.
The winners for this giveaway have been chosen. Subscribe to The BridgeMaker to receive twice-weekly emails to learn about future giveaways!
– Trina Adermannn
– Candace Carroll
– Matthew Lachkovic
– Sharron Blezard
Please Spread the Word
Does The BridgeMaker inspire you? Spread it around your social circle! You can retweet on Twitter or share on Facebook— and click here to join The BridgeMaker list and receive “How to Love Consciously” for free!