How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. – Anne Frank
You may not solve every problem or help everyone in need, but you do have permission to go MAD (Make A Difference) today. When you focus on making a positive impact, just one helpful act, then you can change the world – one day at a time.
Making a difference has no scale. It can be saying the encouraging words at just the right time or it can be agreeing to do a chore that will make someone’s day a little easier. Going MAD means making a difference by providing whatever resources you have to improve the lives you touch, everyday.
The point isn’t to judge the value of what you provide; the point is to provide your unique gifts and talents whenever possible. When you do, you will go MAD. Needs some ideas? Here’s a list of 50 ways you can make a difference today.
- Donate toys or books to children in need.
- Give blood.
- Look for what’s right in the world.
- Live responsibly.
- Adopt a pet from the Humane Society.
- Become a Big Sister or Big Brother.
- Clean up trash in your neighborhood.
- Organize a canned goods food drive.
- Deliver meals to the homebound.
- Read to a child.
- Teach a senior citizen how to use a computer or the internet.
- Care for a neighbor’s pet when needed.
- Encourage people to vote.
- Plant flowers in public areas
- Coach your child’s sports team.
- Offer your seat on the bus or train to someone who needs it more.
- Donate clothes to the Salvation Army.
- Buy a meal for a homeless person.
- Volunteer on a Hotline for an organization that is important to you.
- Become an organ donor.
- Listen to others.
- Don’t litter.
- Receive CPR training.
- Organize a recycling system for your home.
- Offer your loose change to someone who needs it.
- Share your knowledge.
- Participate in a 5K, 10K or marathon event for your favorite charity.
- Record books on a MP3 for the visually impaired.
- Tutor a student who needs some extra help.
- Contact a local volunteer organization for opportunities to serve.
- Call someone who would be encouraged by hearing your voice.
- Give your child your undivided attention.
- Become a health and wellness accountability partner.
- Donate money to your favorite charity, cause or church.
- Don’t start or spread gossip.
- Arrange a date night with your partner.
- Give an unexpected compliment.
- Forgive someone.
- Write a letter to someone who has made a positive impact on you.
- Donate an old computer to a school, church or other non-profit organization.
- Hold a door open for someone.
- Donate books to your local library.
- Don’t drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Pick up groceries or medicine for an elderly person.
- Be considerate.
- Volunteer at your local hospital.
- Babysit for a friend in need.
- Befriend a new neighbor or student.
- Let the world see the beautiful you.
How will you go MAD today?
Please share your ideas in Comments below about other ways you can make a difference. Reading this by email? Please visit the blog to leave your comment – just click here.
Please Spread the Word
Please tell your friends about The BridgeMaker by using the share buttons below. Every Retweet and Facebook share helps me grow my blog. I look forward to seeing you here again soon. Thank you for reading! – Alex