You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be. – David Viscott
Important note: Today’s post features I Create My World; the Power of Thought to Shape Our Lives: A Book of Affirmations – the joyful new children’s eBook by Connie Bowen, author and illustrator. The post also contains a free book giveaway. If you’re reading this in your inbox, you may want to click through to the site to participate.
Sharing the lively, whimsical paintings and affirmations of I Create My World with the children you love is an entertaining way to teach concepts of self-worth, self-esteem and inner strength. Learning these principles at a young age can shape one’s core beliefs, putting children on a positive life path.
The benefits to using this ebook are many. Time spent contemplating the importance of our thoughts, manifesting our dreams through visualization and focus, being thankful for what we have received, and that we are special, talented, and worthy, gives children the tools to use as stepping stones to realize their full potential.
Encouraging a child’s imagination
Listed below are the affirmations contained in I Create My World, and my thoughts on how to interpret them. Have fun with the bright, colorful paintings that contain their own characters with their own unique story. Encourage children to use their unlimited imaginations to describe and embellish each scene.
- I can picture what I want to create – we can use visualization to help us manifest our dreams.
- My imagination lifts me higher – using our unlimited imaginations in a positive way, picturing what we want to manifest in our lives keeps us aligned with our higher good.
- I follow the light of my inner joy – being joyful is our natural state of being. Following the path of our joy is our unique compass to a fulfilling life.
- I am right on track – we are always on track and can turn seeming obstacles into opportunities.
- I bring love to all that I do – when we take action with love as our motivation, we will always uplift and inspire others, and our efforts will bear fruit in magnificent ways.
- I love helping others do well and succeed – co-operation can replace competition when we realize our inner magnificence.
- I am blessed with my own special talents and gifts – each of us has something special to offer in service to others. There is no one else in the universe quite like us.
- I focus on what I love – keeping our attention focused on the positive aspects of all we encounter will bring more of what we want into our lives. We have an inner barometer that lets us know where we are focusing our attention. We can bring our attention back to what we love in an instant.
- I am magnetic, drawing good into my life – our good is always available to us; we can step into the flow and allow it into our lives.
- I am thankful for the bounty of the universe – being grateful and appreciative of what we have in our lives brings even more to appreciate, as our lives reflect our thoughts.
- In giving, I receive – in the circle of life, as we give with joy, we are immeasurably enriched.
- I am filled with starshine. I let my light shine brightly every day – letting our inner light shine through our smiles and positive attitudes creates a glow of well-being that uplifts everyone around us.
- I hold the keys that create my world. – an introduction to the concept that our thoughts and words are actually shaping our experience.
- My thoughts overflow with loving kindness – being loving and kind to others brings out the best in everyone.
- The universe is fun, safe and loving – we are loved and cherished at all times.
- All is well – taking a deep breath and repeating “All is well” allows us to step into an infinite field of loving possibilities.
Use I Create My World to empower you and your children and encourage them to create their own affirmations and illustrations. Remember to post their paintings around the house!
Two winners will be selected to receive a free copy of I Create My World.
To enter the giveaway, share an affirmation that encourages you; or from Connie’s list above, share the affirmation that resonates with you most. Please share in Comments below. (Reading by email? Just click here to visit the blog so you can leave a comment, too!)
Giveaway Update (September 20, 2012): The winners for this giveaway have been chosen. Subscribe to The BridgeMaker to receive twice-weekly emails to learn about future giveaways!
– Bobbi Emel
– Carolyn Hughes