“Love isn’t love until you give it away.” ~ Michael W. Smith
If the world ever needed your love, it needs it now. The hurting, the lost, and the lonely need your love right now. The people you pass on your way to work, the single mother, and the homeless man need your love right now. Your children, your husband, your wife, and your partner need your love right now.
The world grows darker when we don’t make time for love’s light to shine. Pour down your love and witness the world become a little brighter.
Pour down your love from the inside out, first
I took Saturday off. Aside from checking email over morning coffee, I closed my laptop and opened myself up to a day of rest. The past few weeks have been a grind. Between releasing my book, and the redesign of this blog, there’s been little time for me to take care of me.
On Saturday, Mary Beth, Emily and I went to the City Market for lunch and fresh produce. The warm sunshine was welcoming, like hearing from an old friend, as we selected the ripest tomatoes, the brightest strawberries and the most tempting lemons and limes.
It felt good to be in the presence of nature’s gifts. It felt good to pour down love from the inside.
Pour down your love in drips, not buckets
Saturday was a good reminder that the small ways we love can often have the biggest impact. It doesn’t matter the velocity of the love we pour down; all that matters is we send it down:
- Pour down your love by taking a moment to acknowledge the person standing next to you.
- Pour down your love by saying a prayer for the weary.
- Pour down your love by having hope for the guilty.
- Pour down your love by listening when your child asks for your attention.
- Pour down your love by showing your wife she’s all you need.
- Pour down your love by telling your husband he is your hero.
- Pour down your love by sharing your faith in the world, with the world.
Sometimes the simple path to pouring down your love begins with realizing you can light up the world with your amazing love – no matter the size of the drops.
Pouring down their love
The following bloggers, and friends, have poured down their love with their wonderful support of my book. I encourage you to visit their blogs. Each one will inspire you with their special light.
- Arvind Devalia | Make It Happen
- Tess Marshall | The Bold Life
- Zeenat Merchant Syal | PositiveProvocations.com
- Vidya Sury | Going A-Musing
- Andrea DeBell | Brite Talk
- Jodi Chapman | Soul Speak
- David Stevens | Personalpower4me
- Betsy Henry | The Zen Mama’s Blog
- Harriet Cabelly | Rebuild Your Life Coach
What is A Simple Path?
This post is in A Simple Path, a series of short pieces inspired by my own life experiences. Each post is a simple path to experiencing something wonderful: maybe seeing life from a different perspective, or celebrating its beauty. Click here to read all posts in the series.