How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours. – Wayne Dyer
Karma isn’t a gift or a punishment – it’s an action. If you want a peaceful, happy and joy-filled life then kind actions will provide the path there. However, if your actions are selfish, careless or harmful then negative consequences will block the path. Leaving you discontent, unhappy and wanting more.
But you get to choose the path. You get to decide where you walk. Life is a simple give and take – give kindness and take only what belongs to you.
We reap what we sow.
What goes around comes around.
You get what’s coming to you.
Good creates good.
Karma is a natural rhythm of cause and effect that vibrates through the universe. It tells you that every thought, word or action carries an energy that affects your present moment. Perhaps the most powerful thing about Karma is it doesn’t judge your past or predict your future; it just gives you more of what you are creating right now.
If you are looking for a happy life, be happy – right now. Do good things for others – right now. Be kind, smile and look for what’s right in the situation – right now. The way to the life you desire is within your control – right now.
Here’s a simple guide to help you cultivate more wholesome actions and avoid the harmful ones. Boosting your Karma is a choice. Choose kindness and then watch what happens – right now.
- Keep your word.
- Show respect to everyone you encounter.
- Be a good friend.
- Look for the best in everyone.
- Show forgiveness.
- Be kind.
- When you make a mistake say, “I’m sorry.”
- Pour out your love when someone asks for it.
- Put your children’s needs before your own
- When someone is speaking to you, be fully present.
- Learn to love yourself a little more each day.
- Show your spirit.
- Don’t be cruel with your words.
- Be grateful for exactly what you have.
- Share your wisdom with those who ask for it.
- Donate what you don’t need.
- Help keep the Earth beautiful; don’t litter, and recycle.
- Look behind you, stop and hold the door open for others.
- Savor every moment.
- Smile more; frown less.
- Expect life to be good.
- Do the right thing (even when no one is watching).
- Give five compliments a day.
- Relax. Breathe. And slow down just a bit.
- Share your inspiration when someone needs a lift.
- Learn from your mistakes, but don’t allow them to define who you are now.
- Avoid temptation when it’s calling to you.
- Kiss your partner every day.
- Share your faith.
- Be the beautiful you.
How do you boost your Karma?
Share how you boost your Karma in Comments below. Reading this by email? Please visit the blog to share – just click here.
The Great Life Philosophies, by Joe Wilner offers a collection of articles to help you consider your personal philosophy toward living the greatest life possible. I’m also proud to be a featured contributor. Receive you free book here.