Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. – Mark Twain
It’s time to make kindness a daily habit!
The 31 Days of Kindness project begins on Tuesday, March 1. Along with the kind acts that are waiting to be performed, the project needs one more important component – you!
So, will you join me in making kindness a daily habit?
The goal of the month-long project is to encourage people to perform one act of kindness daily. Hopefully, kindness will become a habit that is sustained beyond the 31 days.
To help you get started and to find inspirational ideas for showing kindness, please download your free copy of A Manifesto for Making Kindness a Daily Habit. The manifesto’s contributors are among some of the kindness and most talented bloggers in the blogosphere. Each blogger contributed thoughtful, simple and easy-to-do ideas. There are 132 suggestions in all.
A daily scan of A Manifesto for Making Kindness a Daily Habit will inspire you to share your kindness everyday – all month long – and perhaps longer.
Some of the ideas include:
- Anticipating someone’s needs and meeting them.
- Who can you give five minutes of your time to
- Pay compliments to five strangers
- Extend thank yous whenever someone does something for you.
- Let someone through in traffic.
- Take a deep breath before you say things you might regret.
- Donate your unwanted clothes, books and other items to charity.
- Ask yourself “how can I be of service?”
Sharing your kindness
If you are ready to join me and make kindness a daily habit, you can get involved by doing one or more of these activities:
- If you are a blogger, write about the importance of kindness. Include a link to your post here. Be sure to use the Linky tool at the bottom of the page – that way, everyone involved will be able to see all the posts.
- Share your own kindness thoughts and actions on The BridgeMaker Facebook page. This page will be updated daily throughout March with ideas, quotes and links about kindness.
- If you tweet, share your kind tweets on Twitter. Please use the hashtag #31Kindness.
- Finally, choose kindness in every situation you can. Life can be stressful, but when we choose to respond with kindness then we are making our piece of the world a little calmer; a litter happier and a little more kind. And when we do that, everyone and everything we touch is changed for the better.
I’m looking forward to Tuesday, March 1 and the show of kindness that is ready to burst across the world – and across the hearts of everyone involved.