The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire. – Ferdinand Foch
Bad news, negative people and ordinary day-to-day problems can bring you down quickly. But no matter how grave things appear, you always have the choice to enrich your life.
Giving your life meaning involves filling your soul with beautiful and inspiring things. Need to re-fill your soul today? Try these ways and feel your soul breathe again.
- Read a good book – A good book challenges the way we think, engages us in a plot, develops your critical thinking, and enhances our vocabulary. It fulfills the soul in more ways than one.
- Visit a museum – Great treasures, mysteries, and artifacts await you at any of the numerous museums near you. There is likely one that will fit your interests, too–from art to history to science to sports. You can learn about important culture in a personal way.
- Study a subject that’s new to you – We all have subjects we excel at. Then there are others that we either haven’t thought much about, or haven’t really liked. Start a new chapter in your life and study up on astronomy, language, military history, biology–whatever sounds interesting. There’s a whole new world out there that can expand the way you think.
- Attend a classical concert – You can have a fulfilling experience at a classical concert, whether or not you enjoy the music. The performances are art for your ears, featuring some of the most moving and inspiring music you will get to witness live.
- Do something you’ve never done – While change can be intimidating to many of us, it’s essential for personal growth and fulfillment. You may have to step out on a limb, or at least take a step in that direction, but it will be worth it. You could challenge yourself to a half-marathon, or attempt a jump from the high-dive at the pool, whatever level you’re ready for.